Sunday, November 15, 2009

Teen Blogger Kid Gets Us Back On Topic

It has been a while since I have posted content related to the mission of this blog. Sorry for being distracted. ;)

It seems that a young man has reminded me why I created this blog. I found a recent post from Teen Blogger Kid called Blogger vs Wordpress- Who’s The Boss? that does a great job in comparing the two platforms.



Here is my favorite excerpt:
Blogger Cons:
•Limited powerful features


•Lack of good free templates


•Can’t categorize your posts


•Need extensive coding knowledge to create or add features


•Domain doesn’t look professional


•It’s annoying to leave comments
 
You can check out the post and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Jay Noggle said...

Hi Ileane:

I just learned today that along with the other issues you mentioned that with Blogger you don't own the content.
So, once the Blog takes on a life of it's own, you can't sell it for a profit.
This is making me think about exporting to WP!

Ileane Smith said...

Hi Jay,

Thanks for stopping by. If you need help with the export, just let me know. I hear it's pretty easy though.

I love using WP for my blog. Check it out when you get a chance http://ileane.wordpress.com

I'll have a look at your site now too.

Trailers and Reviews said...

This by far one of the better posts I've read in a while. I'm glad I've found this blog its a lot better and more informative than I expected. Following along on this blog is a must.

scumlabs said...

Excellent post! I am just starting out in community management/marketing media and trying to discover how to do it nicely – resources like this article are incredibly useful. As our organization is based in the US, it?s all a little bit new to us. The example above is something that I worry about as nicely, how to show your own genuine enthusiasm and share the fact that your product is useful in that case.