Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tweet Smarter With Retweet Links

Two days ago I added a post to my other blog titled:
Do Twitter Backgrounds Attract New Followers? I decided NOT to add this post to Digg, StumbleUpon, Sphinn or any of the other social networks I normally publicize with. The only exception is that I sent out a tweet. Well actually, WordPress.com has a new feature automatically generating a tweet when you publish a new posts (I love WordPress.com). To my surprise the hits to this post on my blog sent my traffic stats through the roof. Ms. Ileane Speaks normally receives 20 - 30 hits a day but this post alone has received over 600 hits the first two days and several comments.

I did a search on Twitter and found that the Twitter account from a site called Tweet Smarter added a retweet link to a tweet about the post. In case you are wondering what this means, don't worry - I got you covered. Here's a 3 minute video explaining how it works, and of course it's free. Btw, you can add special characters to your tweets with this tool also. Check it out.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Post a Comment