Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tweet Smarter With Retweet Links

Two days ago I added a post to my other blog titled:
Do Twitter Backgrounds Attract New Followers? I decided NOT to add this post to Digg, StumbleUpon, Sphinn or any of the other social networks I normally publicize with. The only exception is that I sent out a tweet. Well actually, WordPress.com has a new feature automatically generating a tweet when you publish a new posts (I love WordPress.com). To my surprise the hits to this post on my blog sent my traffic stats through the roof. Ms. Ileane Speaks normally receives 20 - 30 hits a day but this post alone has received over 600 hits the first two days and several comments.

I did a search on Twitter and found that the Twitter account from a site called Tweet Smarter added a retweet link to a tweet about the post. In case you are wondering what this means, don't worry - I got you covered. Here's a 3 minute video explaining how it works, and of course it's free. Btw, you can add special characters to your tweets with this tool also. Check it out.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Marvin D Wilson said...

Gee - haven't been by in a while and glad I stopped by today. Very helpful Twit post and video, Ileane - thanks!

The Old Silly

E. Marie said...

Indeed, this is helpful!

RyanHanley said...

This is extremely helpful. It seems the that retweets are the key to any post going viral and this makes that process even easy. Thanks!

Ileane Smith said...

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the comment and for stopping by. Hope to see you here again soon.

Trailers and Reviews said...

A very interesting post, different perspective but still catchy and informative. Overall its very nicely put, I haven't seen very much quality work on public blogs.