Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Blogging Goal - Helping New Bloggers in 2010

I started blogging in July of 2009 and I’ve been encouraged by the positive feedback from my readers to continue blogging well into the next decade. In case you don’t know, I have a WordPress.com blog called Ms. Ileane Speaks where I offer tips for blogging, podcasting, Twitter promotions and talk about “anything else that comes to mind”.

Since I was new to blogging at the time, I had no idea what the difference was between the various free services like Blogger and WordPress.com, so I started this blog to discover the advantages of each platform and to keep track. The whole concept was actually a challenge from my long-time friend Kissie who remains committed to her Blogger appropriately named Ohhh....K! but gave in and created a blog on WordPress.com too called Say Whatever I Like. I'm very thankful that she encouraged me to start this project and we help each other every day.

As I began to consider my blogging goals for 2010 I thought about changing the focus of this blog or eliminating it altogether. In the end, I decided to continue this blog with the goal of helping other new bloggers, or newbies as they like to call us, to become familiar with the features of WordPress.com, Blogger and perhaps other free blogging platforms like Posterous. I’d also like to promote this blog more, with the hope that through the use of video tutorials and comparison articles, I can make the decision process that much easier for the next newbie to come along.

One tip that I would like to share now with the readers of this blog (newbie or not) is the benefits of joining the Blog Engage community of bloggers. Blog Engage a site exclusively dedicated to helping bloggers. Here’s the description from Brian, owner of Blog Engage:

Blog Engage allows you to submit your Blog Article(s) that will be reviewed by all and will be promoted by me or our visitors to the main page.

Take a look at the video I created 2 weeks after joining the Blog Engage community in November. This is by far the most popular video on my YouTube Channel.


Let me know what you think, or share your resolutions and blogging goals for 2010. If you are a new blogger who has questions, share them with me and if I don't know the answer, I'll help find it.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Post a Comment